Spring is officially coming, well according to the calendar at least. Although in some places it hasn’t felt that way these last few days (and weeks). So I thought while we are all doing spring cleaning around the homestead, I just wanted to drop a quick reminder about other areas in your life that may get overlooked.
Spring clean your tech (computer, phone, tablet, etc.)
- Delete photos and videos you don’t need. You know those blurry ones and duplicates. Back up any that you want to keep to your Dropbox (affiliate link) and remove them from your devices.
- Delete apps you don’t use anymore. Be sure to unsubscribe from any email updates associated with that app.
- Delete files from your computer you no longer need. Organize the ones you are going to keep into folders. Be sure to back them up as well.
- Go through and delete unnecessary files from your cloud storage accounts.
- Be kind to our world and recycle your old tech gadgets. These items should not be trashed. Just Google “tech recycling + your location” to find a place near you.
Spring clean your email
- Unsubscribe from emails you’re no longer interested in or haven’t read in months (but said you were going to).
- Empty out that Spam/Junk folder. Be sure to check to make sure nothing important was in there first.
- Organize and archive any emails left, so they are not in your inbox.
Spring clean your social media
- Unfollow people you are no longer interested in.
- Follow some new people to add some new life to your feeds.
Spring clean your site or blog
- Remove any spam comments, approve, and apply them to any accurate comments you received.
- Remove unused plugins, widgets, images, etc.
- Remove any outdated text, services, products, etc.
- Ensure you create a backup of your website and all the files and images. The worst thing you want to have to happen is to lose all of your hard work.
Since I am on the topic of backing up, make sure all of your devices are included in that. This should include your contacts on your phone, your computer, your calendar or schedule, etc. Remember a cluttered space and mind is not beneficial to anyone, let alone your business.
So what are you waiting for? Let’s tackle spring-cleaning together!
Leave a Reply