Spring is officially coming, well according the calendar at least. Although in some places it hasn’t felt that way these last few days (and weeks). So I thought while we are all doing our spring cleaning around the homestead, I just wanted to drop a quick reminder about other areas in your life that may get overlooked.
Spring clean your tech (computer, phone, tablet, etc.)
- Delete photos and videos you don’t need. You know those blurry ones and duplicates. Backup any that you do want to keep to your Dropbox (affiliate link) and remove them from your devices.
- Delete apps you don’t use anymore. Be sure to unsubscribe from any email updates associated with that app.
- Delete files from your computer you no longer need. Organize the ones you are going to keep into folders. Be sure to back them up as well.
- Go through and delete unnecessary files from your cloud storage accounts.
- Be kind to our world and recycle your old tech gadgets. These items should not be trashed. Just Google “tech recycling + your location” to find a place near you.
Spring clean your email
- Unsubscribe from emails you’re no longer interested in or haven’t read in months (but said you were going to).
- Empty out that Spam/Junk folder. Be sure to check to make sure nothing important was in there first.
- Organize and archive any emails that are left, so they are not sitting in your inbox.
Spring clean your social media
- Unfollow people you are no longer interest in.
- Follow some new people to add some new life into your feeds.
Spring clean your site or blog
- Remove any spam comments, approve and apply to any real comments you received.
- Remove an unused plugins, widgets, images, etc.
- Remove any outdated text, services, products, etc.
- Make sure you create a backup of your website and I mean all of the files and images. The worst thing you want to have happen is loose all of your hard work.
Since I am on the topic of backing up, make sure your all of your devices are included in that. This should include your contacts in your phone, your computer, your calendar or schedule, etc. Remember a clutter space and mind is not beneficial to anyone, let alone your business.